Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Just like the good old days

Back in the days when we lived in Haiti, my mother (Wilna Altagrace) was a fifth grade teacher during the week, and a pastry chef on weekends. People would order all sort of "goodies" for birthdays, weddings, and other special occasions. My brother and I would help with the baking, and everything was done from scratch. The cake on the side is what I call "mom's masterpiece" which she prepared for our (Lara and my) wedding in June 2003.

My mom is visiting with us at the moment, and Lara's mom (Maria) is arriving today (Tuesday). So my mom came up with this great idea that to welcome Maria we should bake a cake! It so happens :-), that my mom brought one of her receipe books with her. So last night, it was like the good old days! We had a lot of fun baking a nice pineapple cake.


The book that I am holding is almost as old as I am.


Daniella took part of the fun.


The final product!

No comments: