Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lacking in Wisdom

Yesterday, Friday, was a very difficult and painful day for me. It was like pulling teeth. Only it was worse, I was literally having two wisdom teeth removed, and getting a tooth implant! The surgery lasted three hours. By the time I got home, I had experienced the worse kind of pain I have ever felt in my life. Thankfully, the pain medication worked wonders and I was able to sleep.
One would think that now I have earned the right to use the saying: "it is like pulling teeth!" or worse, "it is like getting my teeth pulled!" Yet, I do not think I will ever use it. Even if I were to encounter something so difficult that should bring me to the point of making that comparison, the little wisdom I have left tells me that it will be a huge understatement to compare something to getting my teeth pulled.

2 comments:

Amie V said...

I got lucky when I had my wisdom teeth out-- all four, impacted-- but I only had one day of soreness. I can sympathise with you, though... I know how bad it can be! I'll be praying that you feel better quickly-- I know how hard it is to concentrate on writing when you don't feel well! Hugs to Lara and the girls, as well! =)

Us said...

Just know that I'm thinking about you and your tooth pain. Sad to say that I've known it myself. And continually have to deal with more and more tooth problems. I hope to get an implant soon (not to mention roots canals and crowns).

I hope you, Laura, and the girls are doing well!

Feel better!