Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Safe and Sound

I arrive in Trinidad last night after long, very long trip. I left the CWC campus around 7:00am for a three and a half hour drive to Kingston where I took the plane for Trinidad. We left Kingston at 2:00pm, flew along the coast of Haiti -- I got very nostalgic. It has been more than a year since I was home --, over Puerto Rico toward St. Maarten where we stopped for some time. Then left St. Maarten for Barbados, and from Barbados we went to Trinidad. I did not need to change planes, so it was not bad. The flight was nice, actually. We made it to Port of Spain ahead of schedule (8:00pm), but I did not reach my final destination until 10:30pm because there were other participants arriving on later flights who were supposed to take the same means of transportation to the hotel.
The consultation is on the way. I have already submitted my report for CWC during the morning report session, and we have had two workshops:
Selected Trends in Theological Education, presented by Dr. Paul Sanders.
Mentoring for Impact, presented by Dr. Pat Glasgow.
The time has been productive so far.


Dr. Dieumene Noeliste, CETA president, is introducing Dr. Paul Sanders. Dr Noeliste is originally from Haiti, he is the former president of the Caribbean Graduate School of Theology in Jamaica and is now teaching at Denver Seminary, Colorado.


Dr. Paul Sanders is the Director of Institutional Development at Arab-Baptist Theological Seminary in Beirut, Lebanon; Director of ICETE (International Council for Evangelical Theological Education).

Dr. Pat Glasgow is the President of West Indies School of Theology in Trinidad.


1 comment:

Amie V said...

glad you made it safely, and that it's a productive trip so far. =)